Thank you for visiting the online home of the Ohio School Psychologists Association (OSPA).
The Purpose of OSPA is:
• To promote constructive action in meeting the educational and mental health needs of children and youth;
• To encourage the writing, publication and distribution of information contributing to the extension and enhancement of the body of knowledge within the field;
• To provide opportunities for the professional growth of school psychologists;
• To promote the advancement of ethical, legal and technical standards of professional school psychology;
• To promote the profession of school psychology.
School psychologists are uniquely qualified members of school teams that support students’ ability to learn and teachers’ ability to teach. They apply expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior, to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. School psychologists partner with families, teachers, school administrators, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community. (2014, NASP)
We invite you to explore this site to learn more about our profession and the various activities of our Association.
Karen Stine, Ph.D.
President, Ohio School Psychologists Association